Look, no one enjoys spending a day with in-laws and random folks who obviously don’t know as much about sports as you do. It makes for a long pre and post dinner conversation. I used to have to listen to a Ohio State fan from Memphis who still thinks the Big 10 is better than the SEC. Thankfully he got divorced out of the fam. So here are a few rules to get you through the day.
- First and foremost, take off your school colored glasses. I have to take my Crimson glasses off first thing.
- if you find yourself in a bind pull the “take a nap after dinner” trick. It gets you out of some conversations.
- Find the youngest non-talking person there and take them for a stroll in the stroller.
- When people start really getting to ya, continue to stuff your face with desserts and finger foods. Just nod your head and ignore all the B.S. being slung out.
- Last resort is to go into a violent rage and throw the table across the room while everyone is sitting on it. This should end the party and you can enjoy your day in peace.